The Charter Blog

The Charter Blog

30 Days of Grad: Laura Garcia

June 03, 2015 | by National Alliance |

Laura Garcia started as a fourth grader at Aspire. She found a school that encouraged students to dream big, think about college and start planning immediately. For Laura, it was a welcomed message. Since Laura’s first school day, her goal has been to be the first person in her family to earn a college degree.

30 Days of Grad: Mario Arteaga

June 02, 2015 | by National Alliance |

Mario Arteaga was born in McAllen, Texas, and has lived in the Rio Grande Valley his whole life. He is a graduate of IDEA Public Schools and was the President of the Student Council, member of the National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, and National Hispanic Honor Society, and Editor-in-Chief of the Yearbook. He is headed to Harvard University in the fall and plans to double major...

30 Days of Grad: Chris Rowan

June 01, 2015 | by National Alliance |

I shouldn't be standing here today. The odds say I should be at district high school, and if I graduate from high school I would likely be going to a community college. But that is not MY story. My story really started when I emigrated to the United States from Cameroon and was enrolled in the 6th grade.

Subscribe for Blog Updates