The Charter Blog

The Charter Blog

When GED Completion Changes Everything

May 10, 2017 | by Alfonso Martinez |

This month, beginning with National Charter Schools Week, we will feature stories from charter school graduates from across the country. Check back every day to see a new student feature in our 30 Days of Grad series.

I Found “Joy, Wisdom, and Growth” at Quest Charter Academy High School

May 09, 2017 | by Andrew Greenway Jr. |

I think that in my time attending Quest Academy Charter School in Peoria, Illinois, I've learned more about the world, my fellow students, and myself than any other school I've attended.

A College-Bound Class President with Many Lessons Learned

May 08, 2017 | by Christopher Aguilar |

This month, beginning with National Charter Schools Week, we will feature stories from charter school graduates from across the country. Check back every day to see a new student feature in our 30 Days of Grad series.

From Founding Student to Founding Teacher at Two DSST Campuses in Ten Years

May 07, 2017 | by Ariana Dominguez |

Many people can name decisions that changed their lives forever. One of mine was in 2005 as a freshman in high school in Denver, Colorado. I spent two weeks convincing my...

A Disciplined, Organized, Vigorous Education (DOVE) leads to the US Naval Academy

May 06, 2017 | by Anamaria Pasillas |

The vision of Dove Science Academy, (DSA) in Oklahoma City is to provide students with a solid education within a healthy atmosphere. This vision led me to take a leap of faith...

At City on a Hill, Dreams are Limitless

May 05, 2017 | by Sandy Dessources |

My name is Sandy Dessources, last year I graduated from City on a Hill Charter Public School in Boston, Massachusetts, and it is my dream to become an attorney. I want to spend...

I Was Born in a Refugee Camp in Kenya and Now I’ll Be the First in My Family to Attend College

May 04, 2017 | by Hawo Ibrahim |

I’ve Been Preparing for College for Fourteen Years

May 03, 2017 | by Adeline Linzau |
This month, beginning with National Charter Schools Week, we will feature stories from charter school graduates from across the country. Check back every day to see a new student feature in our 30 Days of Grad series. 

The way that Capital City Public Charter School in Washington, D.C. prepares its students for college is a process that is unlike any other. I am in the 12th grade now, but I...

My Story of Success

May 02, 2017 | by Diana Crandall |

This month, beginning with National Charter Schools Week, we will feature stories from charter school graduates from across the country. Check back every day to see a new student feature in our 30 Days of Grad series. 

Right before the financial crisis decimated the global economy, I was failing my freshman year of high school. Throughout my education, I excelled in the humanities, but...

From a Border Town to Brown: How IDEA Public Schools Helped Pave the Path

May 01, 2017 | by Michael Mireles |

This month, beginning with National Charter Schools Week, we will feature stories from charter school graduates from across the country. Check back every day to see a new student feature in our 30 Days of Grad series. Today, we kick off 30 Days of Grad with an essay from a 2017 graduate of the 2016 Broad Prize for Public Charter Schools winner, IDEA Public Schools. 

When I look back on my...

Subscribe for Blog Updates