The National Alliance in the News
- “CCSA Calls for the Closure of 6 Charter Schools as a Result of Academic Underperformance,” Nina quoted, Sacramento Bee, Dec. 19
- “Charter Enrollment, Accountability Growing in Texas,” National Alliance study cited, KUHF, Dec. 19
- “Report: Gary 5th in US for students in charters,” National Alliance study cited, SFGate, Dec. 16
- “Education digest: D.C. charter schools have nation’s 3rd-highest market share,” National Alliance study cited, Washington Post, Dec. 16
News to Know
- “New Orleans’ Recovery School District to be Country's First All-Charter District,” Times-Picayune, Dec. 20
- “Newark Plan Would Put Charters in District Buildings,” Star-Ledger, Dec. 19
- “Nashville Mayor ‘Lays Down Gauntlet’ on Charters,” Tennessean, Dec. 18
- “Wisconsin Bill Would Allow Public Charter Schools to Expand,” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Dec. 17
- “Philadelphia School District Threatens Charters,” Watchdog, Dec. 16
Facebook— California Charter Schools Association's President and CEO Jed Wallace has a guest post on the charter blog today about their call for the nonrenewal of 6 California charter schools due to academic underperformance. Read his thoughts here:http://publiccharters.org/Blog/Default.aspx?id=583
Twitter— @Ninacharters Thrilled to announce new board members to the @charteralliancehttp://www.publiccharters.org/pressreleasepublic/default.aspx?id=1229 …!
You can stay up to date on all the developments in the public charter school sector by subscribing to our regular news updates…Sign up here.